- Internal Operations Committee
- Family and Human Services Committee
- Transportation, Water & Infrastructure Committee
- Contra Costa County Fire District Board
- Contra Costa County Housing Authority
- Local Agency Formation Commission – LAFCO
- Central Contra Costa Transit Authority – County Connection
- Central Contra Costa Solid Waste Authority
- Southwest Area Transportation Committee
- San Ramon Valley Emergency Preparedness Citizen Corps Council
- Tri-Valley Transportation Council
- Street Smarts
- Dougherty Valley Oversight Committee
- Alternate on regional committees; Contra Costa Transportation Authority, Association of Bay Area Government, Metropolitan Transportation Committee
- East Bay Economic Development Alliance for Business
- East Bay Regional Communications System (EBRCSA) Governing Board
- Medical Services Joint Conference Committee - Chair
- First Five Children & Families Commission
Candace served on the Morgan Hill City Council in the early 1990's. She is an attorney licensed to practice law in California and Hawaii. She began her legal career as a Prosecuting Attorney in her hometown of Honolulu and worked as a civil practitioner with a law firm in Morgan Hill. Candace put her legal career on hold to serve the community and raise her family.
Candace received both her B.A. in Public Policy (1982) and Juris Doctorate (1985) from Brigham Young University. She attended Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii from K-12.
Along with her responsibilities on the Board of Supervisors, Candace remains an active volunteer in local schools, assists the Library Foundation, serves on the Board of Directors of the East Bay Chapter of California Women Lead, and is a Board Member of the Museum of the San Ramon Valley, assisting them with their publicity.
She and her husband, attorney Philip M. Andersen, have been married for 29 years and are the parents of six children ranging in age from 16 to 27, and have two daughters-in-law, a son-in-law, and a grandson.