Fish & Wildlife Committee (FWC)
- Advise the Board of Supervisors on fish and wildlife issues that may affect Contra Costa County (CCC)
- Make recommendations to the Board for the expenditure of funds from the Fish and Wildlife Propagation Fund pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 13103
- Address issues surrounding the enforcement of fish and game laws and regulations in CCC
- Consider other issues referred to the Committee by the Board
In 2019, the Fish and Wildlife Committee will meet on January 16, February 20, May 15, July 17 and November 20 at 3:00 pm. Please check the website for updates to the meeting schedule.
Most Recent | View All
Agenda and Minute Archive
Agenda Archive 2010-2016
Meeting Minutes Archive 2010-2016
For agendas and minutes prior to 2010, please contact staff at (925) 674-7203.
The 2020 Contra Costa County Fish and Wildlife Propagation Fund Grant application will be available in the fall of 2019.
Application for New Members
One of the Bay Area's greatest assets is its abundance of woodland, grassland and wetland habitats. Many wildlife species live in close proximity to their human neighbors as housing development expands in our region.The Fish and Wildlife Committee has published a 16-page booklet called “Wildlife in Your Backyard” that provides information on how to prevent conflicts with wildlife in urban neighborhoods.
Wildlife in Your Backyard
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
- Contra Costa Clean Water Program
- Contra Costa County Animal Services Department
- Contra Costa County Department of Agriculture
- Contra Costa County Mosquito and Vector Control District
- Lindsay Wildlife Experience
- Mt. View Sanitary District
- University of California Cooperative Extension: Master Gardener Program
- Walnut Creek Open Space Foundation