District IV Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
We live in an ever-evolving economy with constant change in community needs, and serving constituents in District IV is my #1 Priority. I encourage you to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you might have.
I look forward to seeing you around the community!
- Improving the ability to move water around as needed with cost-effective water system operation improvements.
- Increasing storage capacity.
- Reinforcing our levee system.
- Increasing opportunities for local storage, increased conservation plans, water reuse and recycling and desalination.
- Restoring the Delta's health so that it can continue its role as an economic, agricultural, recreational and environmental engine for the region and state.
Transportation from vehicles is one of the largest sources of air pollution in Contra Costa County, representing 47 percent of total greenhouse gas emissions in 2013. These emissions have negative impacts on our health, including aggregated asthma, coughing or difficult breathing, decreased lung function, cardiovascular problems, and bronchitis. The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that idling in personal vehicles wastes about three billion gallons of fuel annually.