2019-20 Special CDBG RFP
Contra Costa County
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
Contra Costa County is seeking proposals from nonprofit organizations and/or public agencies serving the Contra Costa community that have “shovel ready” projects and are interested in applying for CDBG funds. These funds must primarily benefit low-income residents or communities of Contra Costa County. In addition to being “shovel ready”, below are the eligible activities for each funding source that the County is seeking proposals for.
1. CDBG – Infrastructure/Public Facilities Projects:
- Acquisition and/or rehabilitation of public facilities (including energy efficiency improvements) or infrastructure that primarily benefits low-income residents or neighborhoods.
- Removal of barriers that restrict the mobility of handicapped persons.
2. CDBG – Housing Projects:
- Rehabilitation of multi-family housing (including energy efficiency improvements) for low-income households and seniors.
- Rehabilitation of housing (including energy efficiency improvements) for persons with special needs.
For more detailed information about the types of proposals that are eligible, please call Gabriel Lemus at (925) 674-7882.
The online application will be available on June 21, 2019.
Please go to https://www.citydataservices.net/ to complete the application. Link to instructions and guidelines are below.
You may also call Gabriel Lemus at (925) 674-7882 or email Gabriel Lemus to request the application instructions and RFP materials by email.
All completed Housing and Infrastructure/Public Facilities applications are due by 5:00 PM on Monday, July 22, 2019.
 For the purpose of this RFP, “shovel ready” projects are projects in which CDBG funds are the last source of gap financing for the project and the project must be completed by March 31, 2020.
 Contra Costa County communities that are eligible for CDBG funds are all the unincorporated portions of Contra Costa County and all the incorporated cities of Contra Costa County, except for the Cities of Antioch, Concord, Pittsburg, and Walnut Creek.