Educational / Vocational Programs provided through a contract between the Office of the Sheriff and the Contra Costa County Office of Education include:
Other Vocational Programs
- DEUCE (substance abuse, anger and stress management, job development)
- Computer Applications including Web Design
- Adult Basic Education
- Independent Study
- Transitional Services
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- GED / High School Diploma preparation and testing
- Inmate Industries offer a wide variety of products and services such as engraving, vinyl banners, sign (inside and outside), sublimation, vehicle decaling and detailing, etc. Customers include any government agency, non-profit organizations, and Sheriff's Office employees. Students learn valuable skills that can be utilized to secure stable employment upon release.
- Landscape Program teaches participants such landscape skills as soil preparation; planting and maintenance of trees, shrubs, bushes, flowers, grass, and other ground cover; and the design and implementation of irrigation projects. It also provides instruction in the construction of wood or brick flower beds, trellises, waterfalls, pagodas, and cement walkways.