Educational / Vocational Programs provided through a contract between the Office of the Sheriff and the Contra Costa County Office of Education include:
- DEUCE (substance abuse, anger and stress management, job development)
- Adult Basic Education
- GED / High School Diploma preparation and testing
- Independent Study
- Woodshop (manufactures wood toys and refurbishes bicycles for donation to underprivileged children at Christmas)
Over two-thirds of the inmates participate in a variety of educational / training opportunities offered at M.C.D.F. The Marsh Creek Detention Facility Woodshop Program denotes approximately 1,300 wood toys and 250 refurbished bikes annually to 30 non-profit organizations.Other Vocational Programs
- Landscape Program teaches participants such landscape skills as soil preparation; planting and maintenance of trees, shrubs, bushes, flowers, grass, and other ground cover; and the design and implementation of irrigation projects.
- Viticulture Program teaches basic vineyard skills such as soil preparation, irrigation system development and maintenance, planting and propagation of vines, pruning techniques, pest control, and harvesting of grapes.