Improving the Community
Supervisor Glover has spearheaded the following initiatives to improve education and community wellness within the County:
- The Gang Task Force is a holistic approach from the perspective of law enforcement, education, faith and community groups towards combating the rise of the "gang" lifestyle among the youth of East County.
- The Industrial Training Institute provides advanced job training through the community colleges with cooperation of labor and local industries.
- The AIDS/HIV Task Force initiates educational and informational events to help prevent the spread of HIV and AIDS in our community.
- The Faith Initiative brings together clergy of all faiths to present a common front against some of the issues facing family life in East County.
- He initiated County youth conferences which give young people a chance to air their views to community leaders and get valuable information about careers and education.
- He consolidated three rural fire districts into the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District and helped provide more local control of the district.