Improving Community Safety
Supervisor Glover implemented the following ordinances with the intention of controling blight, improving community safety and making the County a more pleasant place to live:
- The Renters Ordinance improves the maintenance of rental properties in the unincorporated areas of the County.
- The Vessel Ordinance allows the cleanup of our Delta waterways of derelict or abandoned vessels.
- Dock Safety Ordinance establishes permit and safety requirements for new, and existing docks and outlines guidelines for dock repairs and abatements.
- Temporary Events Ordinance establishes guidelines for events that are conducted on private property and generates or invites considerable public participation, invitees, or spectators.
- Vacant Property Ordinance identifies vacant properties where nuisance conditions frequently occur and require the proper securing of those properties to prevent additional problems from occurring on the property.
- Regulation of Boat Storage
- Community Preservation Ordinance
- Flood Hazard Combining District