- Employment lists are established by ranking candidates according to their overall scores in the examination process.
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on all parts of the exam to be ranked on an employment list.
- To fill a vacancy, the hiring department will request that names be certified from the employment list.
- After interviewing the candidates, the hiring department will make a selection from that list. Employment lists can remain in effect for six months, a year, or any other amount of time as determined by the Director of Human Resources.
- A pre-employment health examination may be required prior to employment.
- A background check may be required prior to employment.
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, individuals offered employment with Contra Costa County will be required to show documentation as proof of eligibility to work in the United States as a condition of employment.