Information & Assistance
The Information & Assistance (I&A) helpline is a program of Contra Costa County’s Employment and Human Services Department. Seniors, adults with disabilities, and caregivers may call I&A to speak with knowledgeable social workers to get information, referrals to other services, and assistance with solving problems.
Click here to view a list of Community Resources
What kinds of help can Information & Assistance provide?
· Support groups for caregivers of seniors or disabled adults
· Information on health issues related to aging
· Housing resource listings, including low-cost housing
· Information on special transportation services
· Emergency food resources and nutrition sites
· Resources to help with utility payments
· Employment and/or volunteer opportunities
· Resources for hiring in-home help
· Resources for Adult Day Care for caregiver respite
· Medicare counseling referrals
· Resources for emergency response systems
· Resources for government and veteran’s benefits programs
How to contact Information & Assistance?
Landlines in Contra Costa, call toll-free (800) 510-2020
Cell phones or outside Contra Costa, call (925) 229-8434
TDD lines for the hearing impaired, call (925) 602-4198
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm