The Probation Department employs Deputy Probation Officer dedicated to the supervision of adults. The Officers are expected to perform a full range of probation duties including:
- Supervising a case load of felony adult offenders
- Holding offenders accountable
- Restoring losses to victims of crime
- Counseling clients
- Writing court reports and appearing in court, when necessary
- Working and corroborating with other agencies, including local and state Police, Fereral Agencies, Child and Family Services, Animal Services, Mental Health, Detention staff and Hospital staff.
They also work with local police agencies to reduce crime, enhance public safety, develop a network of services, and refer probationers to appropriate programs. The Adult Supervision Deputies may provide Courtesy Supervision to some out of county probationers.